Have you ever noticed how everyone goes "goo-goo-ga-ga" over the little black dress? Going on a date? Throw on your little black dress. Don't know what to wear to the club? Throw on your little black dress. Want to make your ex jealous? Try to "accidentally" bump into him at the grocery store while wearing your little black dress! (I hope you guys aren't out there on aisle four pretending to pick up a box of Frosted Flakes so you can stalk your ex! just kidding!) To be 100% honest guys, I'm completely bored with the "LBD" ...it's time for a change. This summer it's all about the "LWD", aka the little white dress! Here are a couple of tips to keep you looking great in your LWD, White-now!:
- Know your shade: Skin tone plays a huge role in how well your LWD compliments your overall look. Not sure how to tell which shade of white looks best on you? Here's some advice: The darker your skin tone, the darker shade of white will best suite you.
- Always add a pop of color: Your white dress is your blank canvas, paint what you want to see! Like any artist, you want to stand out. Burnt orange, blue and pink are the best colors to make that dress a classic work of art. But don't overdue it! Less is more in this case. Your solid colors should come from either your shoes, hat, necklace or clutch.
- Bring on the Accessories: Pairing a colorful statement necklace with a LWD can add major texture to your look. Whether it be a choker, a simple pendant, or a jewel-encrusted bib, make sure your neck is saying something sparkly. Any clutch with gold accents is an absolute winner, every time. Gold and white always compliment each other. When it comes to hats, the bigger and more colorful the better!
- Think Clean: I know how hard it can be to keep your white garments clean and fresh, but if you want to look your best, make sure your LWD is blemish free. If you're wearing a LWD to an important or professional event, be sure to have it professionally cleaned beforehand. Don't make the mistake of having attention drawn away from your beautiful ensemble to an obvious salsa stain on the hem of your dress. Not cool! ( sad face)
- "It's the shoes...it gotta to be the shoes! ": Now, my lovelies, is also the perfect time to whip out your most bangin' pair of high heels and let them shine bright like a diamond! Four inch stillettos? Check. Strappy sandals? Check. Unique materials? Check. Bright colors? Check. An LWD is both beautiful and classic, but subtle enough to really let loose in the footwear department! Let your dress do the talking while your shoes do the walking!